“What gets measured, gets done”
HotelQuickly is looking to for a Business intelligence intern to join our rapidly growing international company and to support HotelQuickly’s global scaling. This role will report directly to Head of business intelligence (htqk.ly/peter) with frequent interaction with CFO (htqk.ly/mario) and other C-level and managerial level executives / founders and will have an direct impact on the HotelQuickly companywide managerial decisions.
What you’ll do:
- Weekly & monthly reporting on company key metrics vs. goals to whole company, founders-team and investors
- Analysing & forecasting growth and explaining changes in underlying drivers
- Analysing countries & cities overall performance
- Analysing city-level hotel coverage & conversions to make sure sales teams are focused on acquiring hotels that will most delight our users and make biggest business impact
- Reporting on sales & marketing teams performance using data from CRM
- Making sure CRM is used properly
- Analysing marketing & PR campaign effectiveness
- Preparing data needed for ongoing marketing customer discovery project
- Providing interesting data for PR purposes
- Automatising ongoing analysis by building online automatically-refreshed data visualisations (in industry leading BI tool Tableau) & dashboards to be shared within the company
- Ad-hoc requested analysis (by our investors, or internally - usually by founders or country managers)
- Training & potentially recruiting of the next intern coming after you :)
What we’re looking for in you:
- Reputable Business School (in given country) top student toward the end of studies (your previous internships and extracurricular activities should speak for themselves)
- Intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Strong team-orientation and a professional attitude
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritise and multitask
- (Preferred) previous internship in elite management consultancy
- (Welcomed but not required) some Tableau and SQL knowledge
Why you should join us:
- This internship will get you as close as it gets to actual management of overall company without really managing it. You will gain deep data-driven insights into how HotelQuickly actually works across all departments (marketing, sales, operations, product, finance).
- You will gain proficiency in using market leading big-data visualisation tool Tableau as well as working knowledge of CRM usage
- The team consists of highly experienced entrepreneurs
- You'll work in an awesome atmosphere: We enjoy what we are doing and you would be able to see that immediately after you join the team.
- You'll be able to do a lot of different things: Working for a startup company like HotelQuickly will allow you to try on a lot of different hats, even that weird one that you didn't think you would ever like.
- You'll have more responsibility: We will push you to be more versatile, more reliable, and more productive than in any other project you'd undertaken. And you will like it! :-)
- Successful internship may result in full time offer for you
- Last but not least, we have an awesome startup culture and office that you will love that it’s finally Monday again ;-). Check out https://www.hotelquickly.com/we-are-hiring/ to get a feeling how much fun it is
Join us to make actionable data-driven recommendations that will shape HotelQuickly’s future.
- Starting date: Ideally immediately (no later than January 2016)
- Location: Bangkok
- Duration: minimum 6 months (ideally 9+ months)
Want to know how cool it is to work with HotelQuickly, check this video and our photo gallery!