HotelQuickly (HQ) is Asia’s #1 mobile app for same-day hotel booking - with great last-minute discounts. The company was set up by experienced international team comprising of serial entrepreneurs and investors. Offers are managed by hotels, enabling real-time capacity optimization. HQ launched across Asia in March 2013.
We are currently seeking a Data Engineer to scale & optimize automated bidding on meta-search. You will work as a part of a high-energy Marketing unit that is integral in helping to determine the direction of our startup.
What you’ll do:
- Create a system to automate and optimise the CPC bidding to achieve profitable bookings
- The system you’ll create will pull data from multiple different sources such as MySQL DB, Google Analytics, CSV from FTP, CSV from emails, CSV from AWS S3 etc. These data will get aggregated, automatically analysed, merged with sales & revenue data and the outcome data exports will include CPC bids for each partner different, adjusted for each locale, seasonality etc.
- Analyse the data sets and work with sales and inventory team to ensure the availability of the best performing hotels
- Build weekly and monthly automated reporting to share with the stakeholders
What we’re looking for in you:
- You worked with a data warehouse in the past
- You can import & export large data sets to/from various platforms
- Your SQL knowledge is at least intermediate
- You used either Python or R to run statistical analysis in the past
- You know how machine learning can be used in practice and you used it in the past
- You are proficient in visualising data (Excel, Tableau or some SaaS tool)
- A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering is an advantage, not a must.
- Experience with managing bid optimization campaigns is an advantage, not a must.
Why you should join us:
- You will have the opportunity to develop a fully automated bidding system which will replace manual CPC bidding.
- You’ll be responsible for the system, its operations and maintenance.
- You’ll be able to use the newest technologies and gain lots of travel-related know-how.
- Starting date: Immediately
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
- Duration: Full-time
- Remuneration: Inquire for details
Please send your CV, references, and other relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org