HotelQuickly (HQ) is Asia’s #1 mobile app for last-minute hotel booking. The app offers users a streamlined, swift and elegant tool for booking on the go, with room rates lower than anywhere online. Founded by an experienced team of serial entrepreneurs and investors, the company launched in March 2013. Today HotelQuickly’s booking network extends to 16 Asia-Pacific countries and over 300 destinations across the region.
What you’ll do:
We expect you to take ownership of the operations tasks in our DevOps culture. That means you should be
- Maintain our server infrastructure - stability, security, scalability
- Prepare our system for any new projects and requirements
- Participate in analysis and designing infrastructure of new core projects
- Educate developers in technical operations and DevOps skills
- Making sure our heavily used production environment is running 24/7
- Improving existing platform to support growth and changing requirements
- Improving our tooling in deployments and automation
- Maintaining and improving our monitoring
- Performing general systems maintenance tasks
What we’re looking for in you:
- Experience with running Docker in production
- Familiarity with cloud environments such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Strong scripting skills (ruby, python, shell)
- Experience with continuous integrations tools such as jenkins
- Solid understanding of SCM such as github
- Have open-minded approach for new technologies
- Be in love with DevOps culture
- Keep a cold head in stressful situations
Why you should join us:
The team consists of highly experienced serial entrepreneurs and former executives from Rocket Internet. Knowledge transfer will be an invaluable asset for future entrepreneurs.
- You'll work in an awesome atmosphere: We enjoy what we are doing and you would be able to see that immediately after you join the team.
- You'll be able to do a lot of different things: Working for a startup company like HotelQuickly is a bit different than working for a corporation. It will allow you to try on a lot of different hats, even that weird one that you didn't think you would ever like.
- You'll have more responsibility: We will push you to be more versatile, more reliable, and more productive than in any other project you'd undertaken. And you will like it! :-)
- Starting date: ASAP
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
- Duration: Full time
- Remuneration: To be discussed
Please send your CV, references, and other relevant documents to email@example.com